In case your summer is a bit slower than you had expected, don’t worry – help is on the way! Media Action Media is hosting another of our award-winning Ask Women Anything events on July 14th at 6:00 p.m. at Artissimo Cafe. We will be featuring the Feminist Twins, Jenna and Kayla!
Here’s what you need to know about Jenna and Kayla.
- These ladies are fierce! They are all about helping others gain profile so that they can do more work and make a larger impact in the Ottawa community. They help organizations set up events. They don’t get paid for the events they help host and promote.
- Jenna and Kayla were born and raised in Ottawa. They started volunteering at a young age.
- These women focus on queer and feminist events and are interested in social justice and human rights.
- Jenna is on the board for “Kind” previously known as Pink Triangle Services and she helps run an ACE/ARO support group which is open to people of all genders and orientations who identify or are questioning their identity as asexual, aromantic, demisexual, demiromantic, greysexual, or elsewhere within the spectrum.
- Jenna’s a social work student.
- Kayla runs a borderline personality disorder support group.
- And one of them used to be a mortician!
- Jenna and Kayla are 26 years old and are “actual twins”.
- When they are not volunteering you can find them watching Law and Order.
Amazing, huh? Do you have a question for them? Then come down to Artissimo on July 14th at 6:00 pm. Ask your questions, have some of Artissimo’s great iced teas, take part in a fun raffle to raise money for Media Action and spice up your summer!Follow us!