Have you heard of Reddit’s Ask Me Anything (AMA) features where famous personalities or people with unique occupations come online and respond to any questions posed by the social media public?
This is the Ask Women Anything series, a tongue-in-cheek take on Reddit’s series, except it is live and in person. We highlight women who are in the media and experts in their fields: they give a short presentation about themselves and their work, and then respond to audience questions over a 45-minute period.
See how Ask Women Anything meets Leading Women, Leading Girls here!
Find our next event on our Facebook page.
Read about our past speakers:
- Colleen Cardinal, Indigenous adoptee and co-founder of the National Indigenous Survivors of Child Welfare Network
- Amira Elghawaby, journalist and communications director for the National Council of Canadian Muslims
- Catherine McKenney, city councilwoman of Somerset Ward
- Ana Maria Cruz Valderrama, seniors’ advocate and community leader
- Sabine Daniel, media maven, French TV and radio host and producer
- Amanda Jette Knox, advocate for transgender children
- #CorneredInOttawa, fighting against street harassment
- Jenna and Kayla Spagnoli, The Feminist Twins
- Peggy Taillon, HERA Mission of Canada
- Jennifer Oades, former Deputy Commissioner for Women with the CSC
- Rachel Décoste, HuffPo contributor
- Melanie Coulson, storyteller
- Dr. Sheema Khan, author
- Fat Girl Food Squad, bloggers
- Kathie Donovan, public speaker, broadcaster, and author
- Angela Schliehauf, Three Little Birds